Life is amazing.
For so many years I struggled to teach others how to live freely and to flow effortlessly as I did. To have an enlightened perspective, to seek and know wisdom, to challenge belief systems, to thrive in body, mind and spirit, to surf the wave of life with the power, grace and performance of an athlete. To create and know art and beauty and harmony with nature!
What I found is that most people can’t perceive things as effortlessly as I do. I was terribly naive. Vulnerable. Awkward. Even as a gifted kid with a genius IQ, I never had the tools to communicate higher wisdom. Do you feel that? As if nature calls you to know things that others don’t know? Things that are counter-culture? Ideas that make you feel ashamed because their vibration is so high that others reject you?
I want to teach the people how to live a simple, creative life. To know what I’ve always known. To be free of clutter in the mind, body and spirit. Aligned with precision and grace. Relaxed. And bursting with ideas that flow from spirit. Connected to the earth and serving Mother Nature. Powerful.
There are secrets to what I do. Divine blessings. Unspeakable, beautiful energies that are not easily translated. Nature is whimsical like that. You need to immerse yourself in the wind and listen.
In order to teach others how to live a simple, creative life, I need a translator from spirit to earth, from above to below. Ways of connecting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and teaching them how to restore themselves back to perfect alignment with nature and spirit. I need methods, tools, theories, applications – from ancient to progressive. I need the highest vibrational sources, and I need my angel partners to guide me as they always have. Your body, mind and spirit can return home so that you may find your ultimate pathway to truth, your soul purpose, and your means of creating goodness in this world. I can support that through expertise in a broad range of holistic modalities that I continue to build upon. We never stop learning. We must always seek knowledge – that is what I teach. Education is powerful. Educate your entire being, and your creativity will flow at the highest vibration for the greatest purpose on earth. Join me!
Here is what I have learned so far –
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach (HLC 1) – CHEK Institute
- Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist Practitioner (in progress) – FDN
- Prana Flow Yoga Teacher (in progress) – Shiva Rea’s Samudra Global School for Living Yoga
- Nutritious Movement Specialist (RES-CPT) (in progress) – Restorative Exercise Institute
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) – NASM
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM-CPT) – NASM
- Certified Sport and Exercise Nutrition Trainer (Pn1) – Precision Nutrition
- Certified Master Health and Lifestyle Coach (Pn2) (in progress) – Precision Nutrition
- Certified Sport Yoga Instructor – NESTA
- Certified Raw Food Coach – Body Mind Institute with David Wolfe
- Certified Nutritionist – Body Mind Institute
- Archangels Reiki Master/Teacher
- Usui Reiki Master
- Karuna Reiki Practitioner II
- Ordained Minister – ULC
- Doctor of Divinity (hon) – ULC
Continuing Education & Formal Studies
- C.H.E.K. Institute (Scientific Core Conditioning & Back Training, Primal Pattern Movements, Program Design, Swiss Ball Training)
- Sadie Nardini (Rockstar (yoga) Teacher Training, The Journey (yoga) Training, and Evolution (yoga) Teacher Training)
- Samudra Global Yoga
- Tantra Japa Yoga Mantra with (private) Guru (Calicut, India)
- Biology, JSRC, UCB, MIT
- Human Anatomy & Physiology, BMI
- Fine Arts
How we got started!
In designing a lifestyle to support my creative and intellectual goals, I reached back into my past growing up in the small surf town of Santa Cruz, California as well as several years spent living on the Sunshine Coast of Australia (my birth country). To capture the flow of the simple, creative life I had experienced from my youth into my 20’s, my husband Zach got me thinking like a surfer. Zach is a surfer from Sydney, a wildlife biologist by profession, a writer and environmental activist. He is half the passion of SCL, the solid foundation, the inspiration, the leader, and the back-end support.
We both love learning and creativity and are strong believers in higher education and support for the arts. Our house includes a few guitars, a bass, drums, and piano. Dana loves to paint with various mediums (she has paintings in permanent collections and for sale in small galleries), and Zach is a sculptor. We love surfing, environmental activism, and we love to just monkey around outside and with our Golden Retrievers. 🙂
p.s. Dana & Zach also have a budding business called Stoked Life Surf Yoga, Dana trains dogs and does animal communication when she is not mentoring spiritual leaders over at Beyond Stillness dot com. 🙂 She also has several more certifications in the works. 😉